Here are topics distilled from my notes, and the Post-Film Writing and discussion:
- The opening.
- Use of props, hair and makeup (for Leonard's character, as markers of time and memory).
- Action and performance (especially Guy Pearce).
- Scenes that show how Leonard's condition affects him (e.g., in the Diner, with the conflicting photos).
- Color (as signifier of time and memory and mood).
- Narrative, or, the order in which we see what happens.
Some questions that are raised by the film are how do we know what we know, what role does memory play in who we are and what the world means to us, and why are remembering and forgetting both important.
I also think we could talk about the use of voiceover throughout the film and how that affects what we see.